[Editor’s Note: Ergoweb has arranged a special discount for the Ergoweb community — get $100 off your registration fee. Simply enter EW2011 when prompted as you register online. We look forward to seeing you there!]
GOErgo, the Global Organization of Ergonomics, presents the 14th annual Applied Ergonomics Conference (AEC). GOErgo is a worldwide resource for the ergonomics profession dedicated solely to the support of the profession and individuals involved with improving workplace performance, quality, sustainability, and employee availability.
GOErgo supports the Annual Applied Ergonomics Conference and Expo, a conference where attendees gather from around the world to share best practices with other professionals in ergonomics, healthcare, safety, human resources and risk management. GOErgo is a community within IIE, an international, non-profit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial engineers, human factors/ergonomics professionals, healthcare providers and related professions.
Mark your calendar and plan to join and take advantage of the opportunity to improve your ergonomics skills, gain insight and connect with global professionals within the healthcare, human factors, government, manufacturing and safety and energy industries at this year’s conference.
Learn from those who have been through the process. This conference will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Hear insights on the future direction of ergonomics by keynote presenters Kathy Kilmer, Director of Industrial Engineering, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., and John Howard, M.D., Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Attend multidisciplinary educational sessions or all experience levels
- Expand your knowledge of crucial topics affecting the ergonomics community
- Join in on the roundtable discussions and share opinions, strategies, new initiatives and brainstorm on various topics
- Come early and attend one or two of the interactive pre-conference workshops
- Earn Continuing education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
The Applied Ergonomics Conference also presents the internationally recognized Ergo Cup® competition, an exciting opportunity for companies to highlight their successful ergonomic solutions. The general theme across all Ergo Cup categories is innovation.
This year’s Ergo Cup teams are:
- Amerex Corporation
- Caterpillar, Inc
- DOE Joint Genome Institute
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery, S.A. de C.V.
- GE Aviation
- GE Healthcare
- GE Transportation
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
- Honda of America MFG., Inc.
- Honda of South Carolina Mfg., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Keystone Foods – Ohio Division
- Nexteer Automotive
- Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- PPG Industries
- UTC Fire & Security
- Spirit AeroSystems
- Spirit AeroSystems
- Swagelok Alfred
- Swagelok Solon
- The Boeing Company
- Toyota Engineering and Manufacturing North America Inc.
For complete conference details and registration information, visit the conference website: www.appliedergoconference.org.