ErgoX: A New Ergonomics Conference
The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) is hosting a new ergonomics conference called ErgoX, an eXtraordinary ergonomics event, June 17-19, 2015, in Anaheim, CA. Here are a few excerpts from their announcement:
- ERGO-X will provide you with ergonomics training and peer networking opportunities with an experience far different from the usual mega-track conferences.
- ... hear about the practical science of ergonomics from the leaders in our field ...
- ... learn how to separate fact from fiction when it comes to ergonomics guidelines and best practices.
- ERGO-X is the conference that will set a new standard for learning how the latest science applies to workplace health, safety and ergonomics issues.
- ... you will be immersed in ergonomics science and application during a 2-day single-track conference with only keynote speakers, each given the time to provide comprehensive guidance.
- ERGO-X will [also] feature notable experts such as William Marras speaking on manual material handling, David Rempel speaking about upper extremities, and Jack Dennerlein speaking about office ergonomics.
- Additional featured speakers will address psychosocial risk factors, aging workers, anthropometry, standing work environments, and novel approaches to ergonomic assessments.
- Spotlight talks during the breaks will cover proper lifting, [BCPE] ergonomics certification, OSHA inspections, and visual ergonomics.
- Further, ergonomic experts will lead round table discussions during the catered lunch on both days.
- ... the “state your case” poster session will allow the attendees to present a unique or challenging ergonomic problem in your workplace and get feedback from the experts and colleagues in attendance.
Learn more and register by visiting http://www.hfes.org/web/HFESmeetings/ergoX.html