Force to break finger, break skin and bruise?

Home Forums General Ergonomics Topics Force to break finger, break skin and bruise?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dbristow 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

barry.glasford
    Participant

Can any of you point me to references on the amount of force it takes to break bones in the finger (any of the 3 phalanxes), the amount of force to break the skin and the force to bruise?

I have looked at some of the pinch literature, but can’t find specifics. If I can’t find answers, I’ll be required to use the engineers on this project.

Cheers,
    Barry

drmacevedo
    Participant

With all due respect, IMHO because ethical reasons, I can hardly imagine such an experimental design to look for this info.

dbristow
    Participant

It may seem grim but I can imagine this kind of study conducted on cadavers. I can also imagine an immediate application of the results as well: law enforcement and social workers need the results to help them evaluate injuries in senior care facilities. I can imagine there’s more than a few people who stand accused of injuries to senior adults who might exonerated if this information was available.

I do hope that the original question was directed at determining the limits of manufacturing processes but without a more complete background to the original query, it’s hard to know!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.